This salad has quintessential summer flavours. The corn, blueberries, and crunchy cashews come together perfectly with a mildly sweet dressing to create a light and satisfying supper. It is anything but boring and makes a meal on its own, or you can omit the chicken and serve it as a delicious side to any grilled protein.
It is loaded with bright colors, which means lots of antioxidants and is sure to bring balance to BBQ season.Print
This beautiful summer salad is full of interesting seasonal flavours. Leafy greens and berries provide antioxidants to keep your liver happy. This salad supports your detoxification systems and is perfectly balanced with nutrients needed for a healthy metabolism. It is a perfect example of how eating with the season supports your energy healthy energy levels and a sunny mood.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 ears of corn on the cob
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 celery sticks, chopped
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup lightly roasted cashews, roughly chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
6 cups mixed salad greens
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp raw honey
1 small clove garlic, chopped
- Clean ears of corn and place on a preheated grill, away from direct flame. Grill until softened and slightly caramelized, Approximately 15 minutes.
- Season the chicken breast with cumin, paprika, chili powder, and sea salt.
- Grill the seasoned chicken 4-6 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 165° F. Tent and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut corn off cobs. Place the corn, blueberries, celery, cashews, onion, and parsley in a bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and pour onto the salad and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, mix in the greens and place on plates. Top with chicken breast. Drizzle with extra dressing if desired. Enjoy!
Substitute fresh corn for frozen. Prepare from frozen by steaming.
Substitute chicken for grilled shrimp, salmon or marinated grilled tofu.