Try this recipe to incorporate new flavors and anti-inflammatory spices to your diet. It is bold, satisfying, and will take your taste buds on an adventure!
Butter Chicken Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup tomato paste (about 1/2 small can)
- 1 can unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Spice Blend Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Make spice blend by combining dry spices only.
- Dice chicken into cubes.
- In a bowl combine yogurt, chicken, and ½ the spice blend. Marinade chicken for 1-4 hours if time allows.
- Heat oil on medium high heat. Add onions and saute until they begin to soften. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Add remaining dry spices and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste and chicken mixture. Cook for 5-7 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add in coconut milk and chickpeas. Simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice, top with a dollop of plain yogurt if desired.