If your health goals are to reduce inflammation & support gut health, this is the soup for you! It’s full of fibre, protein, and pleasantly nourishing flavours that will leave you completely satisfied!
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup white onion, chopped
1 tbsp ginger, peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 small carrots, diced
1 tbsp curry powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground turmeric
2 cup chicken stock
1 cup water
1/2 cup unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
1 cup dried, green or red lentils
3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped or 2 tsp. dried
Black pepper to taste
1/4 cup sauerkraut
- Place the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger, salt and carrots.
- Cook the carrots until they start to soften but are not completely cooked.
- Add curry powder and turmeric and cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour in water, broth, coconut milk and lentils. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and heat for 10 minutes or until lentils are cooked.
- Use an immersion blender to puree your soup if you prefer a more blended texture (optional).
- Remove from heat, add the dill and season with pepper to taste.
- Top with sauerkraut or a dollop of plain greek yogurt and serve.